Tempe Elementary School District (TD3) has several preschool options for families, including four preschools located at our elementary schools, Getz School, and other options.
Tempe Opportunities To Succeed (T.O.T.S.) Preschools
The TD3 T.O.T.S preschools are funded by First Things First, Title I, The Tempe Diablos, and through private donations. Enrollment is free to qualifying families. These preschools take place at:
Carminati T.O.T.S. Elementary School
4001 S. McAllister Ave. in Tempe
Frank T.O.T.S. Elementary School
8409 S. Avenida del Yaqui in Guadalupe
Holdeman T.O.T.S. Elementary School
1326 W. 18th St. in Tempe
Nevitt T.O.T.S. Elementary School
4525 E St. Anne Ave. in Phoenix
- Children must live within the Tempe Elementary School District boundaries.
- Children must qualify for the free or reduced school lunch program.
- Children must be 4 years old by the end of 2016.
Call Cathy Larkins, 480-897-6233 Ext 5709 with questions about qualifying.
Preschool registration for the 2016-2017 school year is taking place Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at:
625 W. Cornell Dr. in Tempe
Documents required for registering are:
- Food stamps award letter (all pages) OR paycheck stubs for a month for any/all working adults in the household and proof of other income (cash assistance, child support, unemployment benefits, or SSI)
- Proof of address (utility bills or rental agreement)
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's immunization records
- Income Tax form 1040 for the tax year 2015
Enrollment at Getz School is for certified special needs children and qualified peers. To enroll at Getz School, all children must attend a scheduled screening.
Children ages 2.9 through 5, who are not in kindergarten, and live within the TD3 boundaries are eligible. We screen cognition, language, speech, social skills, vision and hearing. Parents who live in the TD3 boundaries and are concerned that their child may not be reaching age appropriate milestones, and parents of typically developing children, are encouraged have him/her screened.
Screenings are held by appointment. To schedule a screening, please call (480) 897-6233 Ext. 5743.
Other Preschool Options
- The Head Start Program is offered at Aguilar Elementary School, Nevitt Elementary School and Thew Elementary School. Head Start is also offered at other locations in Tempe and Guadalupe. For more information, call (480) 464-9669 ext. 200.
- Next Horizons serves infants, toddlers, and preschoolers at 4525 S. College Ave., Tempe (formerly Evans Elementary School). For more information call (480) 894-8870.
Download the Next Horizons Child Development Center brochure for more information.
- Kid Zone serves children ages two through pre-kindergarten at the Getz School location, offering part- and full-time options. For more information, please call Rose Amaturo at (480) 350-5424 or the Kid Zone business office: Kecia (480) 350-5427 or Sharie (480) 350-5410.
For more information on Kid Zone Preschool, download one of the following:
Kid Zone Preschool is now offering a free day! If you have a child ages two through pre-kindergarten and would like to try out the program, please call Rose Amaturo at (480) 350-5424 for more information.
Discounts are given for TD3 staff.