Meet Our New Principals!
This school year, we’re excited to welcome some new (and familiar) faces to our team of principals! Enjoy learning a few fun facts about each of them. We can’t wait to see the amazing things they do this year! (They are pictured alphabetically by last name from left to right in the collage above).
Julie Bartanen - Principal at Getz School
1. She loves to play board games with her family and has a collection of over 60 games.
2. She will read any book about to be turned into a movie or TV series only so she can say "the book was way better," while watching.
3. She enjoys running, but enjoys eating more.
Shannon Cunningham - Principal at Hudson Elementary
1. She is an Arizona native and graduate of Arizona State University and Northern Arizona University.
2. She is proud to be a TD3 employee as she goes into her 12th year.
3. She loves spending time with her two fur babies, Dexter and Luna.
Edward Goldstein - Principal at Rover Elementary
1. His family spent the last 2 years teaching in Europe. They traveled to 13 countries while they lived there.
2. He swam for Arizona State University.
3. He was enrolled in Law school when he decided to pursue a career in education.
Colleen Martin - Principal at Meyer Montessori
1. She loves to dance, whether there is music playing or not.
2. Road trips - yes please! You can catch her and her children always planning their next road trip.
3. She is an Arizona Native.
Nathan Maruca - Principal at Thew Elementary
1. He is the proud father of three busy boys, Gannon, Bo and Jordy.
2. He played in Hoopfest, the world’s largest 3-on-3 basketball tournament in Spokane, Washington, for the past 26 years.
3. He taught kindergarten, first, third, and fifth grades before becoming a principal.
Matthew Strauss - Principal at Aguilar Elementary
1. He has lived in seven states and Central America, and attended 11 schools growing up due to his dad being in the Army.
2. He enjoys reading, playing golf, and participating in trivia tournaments.
3. He loves road trips across the country! In recent years, he and his daughter have hit 24 states and Washington DC! Stops included the DC National Mall (Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument, etc.) and Smithsonian, Niagara Falls, Michigan's upper peninsula, and all five Great Lakes (as well as standards like the Grand Canyon, Disneyland, Disney World, Mall of America in Minnesota, and the Gateway Arch in St. Louis).