What are the parents' responsibilities at pick up time?
- Have your child fully clothed and ready at the pick-up location 5 minutes before pick up time. Drivers and Assistants are not responsible nor allowed to dress, groom or feed your child.
- Students still in the process of being toilet trained should be toileted just before boarding the bus. The ride to school may take up to one hour and drivers are not permitted to stop.
- Do not allow your child to board the bus with any food either in their hands or in their mouth.
- Accompany or have a responsible, mature person accompany your child to the bus in the morning.
- If your child has not ridden for more than 3 days, without notification, the bus will stop coming until you call the Transportation Office to restart your child's transportation service. (480-642-1540)
- Call in the morning (well before your child's pick-up time) if you do not need transportation, you may leave a message if you call during non-duty hours.
- Let the Bus Assistant know of any short-term health problems. The Assistant will also want to share this information with the teacher.
What is the parents' responsibility at drop-off time?
- You or a designated Alternate Adult should be at the stop 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to drop your child off unless you have given written permission for your student to enter the home on their own.
- If, on rare occasions of real emergency the parent/guardian is unable to be at the stop to meet the bus, he or she should notify the Transportation Department by phone that another designated adult will be at the bus stop when the bus arrives.
- If the bus does not arrive within 15 minutes of the stop time, the Transportation Department or the school should be contacted.
- Students who are not met will be taken back to school if the school is still open, otherwise the student will be taken to the Police Station and Child Protective Services may be called.
- You can call (602) 262-6151 (Phoenix Police) or (480) 350-8311 (Tempe Police) or (602) 876-1011 (Maricopa County Sheriff).
NOTE: Continual problems regarding the delivery of your child may result in suspension of transportation.