What are the responsibilities of the Bus Driver?
- Our Bus Drivers work directly for the school district, under the supervision of the Transportation and School Safety Department.
- School Bus Drivers are professionals who carry several credentials and receive extensive training for their important jobs.
- They are responsible for driving the bus safely, transporting the students and staying on schedule. They aide the bus assistant with the handling and care of the students.
- The Bus Drivers have been instructed not to honk their horns at bus stops, please do not ask them to. Be waiting outside, the bus will only wait 1 minute before leaving.
What are the responsibilities of the Bus Assistant?
- School Bus Assistants have current training in CPR; first aid and proper wheelchair tie down techniques, as well as emergency evacuation skills for special needs students.
- Secure seat belts, wheelchairs, and car seats.
- Maintain discipline, ensuring students are safe, and that they remain in their seats, sharing problems with the teachers.
- Administer and seek emergency medical help when needed.
- Most commonly interact with the parents.
- Bus Assistants are instructed not to go to the door or upstairs with students. Someone designated by the family must meet the child at the bus.