Meal Benefits Eligibility

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Household Income Eligibility 

A child may be eligible for free or reduced price meals if household income falls within the limits on the income chart below.

Federal Income Chart
 Effective from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020           
 Household Size
  Month  Week
 1 $23,107 $1,926 $445
 2 $31,284  $2,607   $602 
 3  $39,461   $3,289  $759 
 4  $47,638   $3,970 $917
 5  $55,815   $4,652 $1,074 
 6  $63,992   $5,333  $1,231
 7  $72,169   $6,015  $1,388
 8 $80,346   $6,696  $1,546 
 Each additional member
  +8,177    +682   +158


Changing Financial Circumstances Eligibility

Apply for Meal Benefits Anytime During the School Year.

The School Breakfast and National School Lunch Program benefits for free or reduced price meals can be applied for at any time during the school year.

If a family has been faced with changing financial circumstances, eligibility for free or reduced price meals benefits may apply. Life events such as those listed below can impact a family’s financial situation:

  • Loss of a job
  • Work hours have been reduced causing one to earn less money
  • A family member that had an income included in the original application has moved out of the house
  • The family size has increased
  • Loss of a house

Apply online by clicking the button below (new system) or pick up an application from the school office or cafeteria manager.


Community Eligibility Provision schools (CEP)

No Applications Necessary!

Five schools are CEP sites – Frank Elementary School, Holdeman Elementary School, Laird School, Scales Technology Academy, and Thew Elementary School.   

This provision allows us to provide both breakfast and lunch at no charge to all students enrolled at these schools without submission of a meal application.

Things to note:

  • If a family has a student that attends one of these schools, but also has a student that attends a school that is not CEP, a meal application must be completed for the student that attends the non-CEP school in order for her/him to receive free or reduced-price meals.  

  • A student that is leaving a CEP school to attend a non-CEP school must complete an application immediately; for example transferring from Thew Elementary to Curry Elementary or moving from fifth-grade to attend a middle school. As the student enters the non-CEP school, they must pay the full meal price until an application is processed and approved. Submit the application online for quick, next-day processing.

The District determines schools eligible to be part of the Community Eligibility Provision by data matching of student enrollment with assistance programs like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).


Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.