Nevitt Elementary is being rebuilt thanks to the Tempe Elementary School District voters who authorized the 2016 Bond. Without your assistance, this rebuild would not be possible.
Nevitt Elementary Rebuild is Complete!
Nevitt Elementary will be undergoing a complete school rebuild while on an active campus and will be performed in three phases. The school will be including three new buildings for a total of approximately 96,000 square feet. The campus will have a two-story classroom building at about 62,000 square feet which will include about 44 new classrooms.
The rebuild will also include a new administration and learning commons building, a new multipurpose room, and a cafeteria building which will house three music classrooms which will be named and dedicated to Ronaldo and Elena Sanchez. The project will include ample opportunity for natural daylight in each space, polished concrete floors and carpet use, as well as outdoor dining and learning spaces. There will also be a new bus drop and parent drop off area with longer queuing areas and more parking opportunities.
A special thank you to Nevitt Elementary's Project Based Learning (PBL) class who worked with our Project Team and for their help creating and proposing designs which will be integrated into their school's rebuild.
The Nevitt Elementary rebuild is planned to be complete at the start of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Architect – HDA Architects, LLC
- Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) – Concord General Contracting
- Tempe Elementary School District Educational Advisor – Superintendent Christine Busch
- Tempe Elementary Facilities Management for Learners Project Management Team – Steve Pomroy, Jeff Homstad, and Courtney Quesada
We welcome our community to join us at these events listed below.
- Parent Teacher Conferences – Project Update & Meet and Greet – Tuesday, March 6, 2018 from 1:30 - 7:30 PM
- Nevitt Elementary Ground Breaking Celebration – Friday, March 9, 2018 at 8:30 AM
- Nevitt Elementary Ribbon Cutting Ceremony – TBD
New Features and Upgrades:
Below is a listing of new features and upgrades that will be integrated in Nevitt Elementary's rebuild.
- Natural daylight and LED lighting throughout.
- 2012 Energy Code Requirements and Building Energy Management System in use.
- Separate cafeteria and multipurpose room that can be used at the same time.
- More energy savings with less exterior doors and access points with energy efficient windows.
- More centralized parent and community gathering areas for easier use for night or community events.
- Student breakout spaces.
- Interior slide
- Outdoor learning area designed by Nevitt students.
- Artificial turf used in courtyard.
- Outdoor dining and shade area.
Upgrades to School Safety:
Below is a listing of upgrades to school safety that will be integrated in Nevitt Elementary's rebuild.
- Parking and access to front of school and administration area will be much closer.
- Parent drop-off and queuing will be safer and more organized while also not causing issues with traffic.
- All doors locked and secured during lockdown by use of electrified doors without staff requiring to secure.
- Secured playground areas within courtyard for kindergarten through first-grade.
- Secured centralized courtyards for better building security.
- More windows for better sight of the campus.
- Less access points to get within the building in lieu of all classrooms with exterior doors.
For Design and Construction Updates:
- Sign up to receive e-notifications as updates and meeting notices are published on this web page. You can sign up for our "Nevitt Elementary Construction and Design Updates" e-notifications at www.tempeschools.org/enotification.
- See above information on community meeting dates.
- If you have additional questions about our school rebuild, please contact our Facilities Management for Learners office at (480) 642-1542.