For the 2020-2021 School Year
IMPORTANT UPDATE DURING SCHOOL CLOSURES DUE TO COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be reviewed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time.
To apply to Tempe Academy of International Studies for the 2020-2021 school year, completed student applications must include a commitment letter prepared by the student, sharing why they would like to attend an IB school and how they will give back to the community. (This commitment letter is included in the online application.)
Students currently attending schools outside of the District must also upload the following documents:
1. Two years of report cards demonstrating academic success;
2. Two years of state testing scores demonstrating academic success in both reading and math.
Please allow at least two weeks* to process your application. Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time.
Transportation Information: Please note that once your student has been approved to enroll at Tempe Academy, you will receive a transportation request form. Transportation is not guaranteed. Due to limited space, there is one bus with stops at Nevitt, Frank, Wood, and Scudder Park before arriving at TAIS. Priority will be given to students living within the District boundaries. For more information, please call (480) 642-1540, Ext. 7619.
For the 2019-2020 School Year
To apply to Tempe Academy of International Studies for the 2019-2020 school year, completed student applications must include:
- Two years of report cards demonstrating academic success – required for out-of-district applicants only
- Two years of state testing scores (i.e. NWEA, AzMERIT) – required for out-of-district applicants only
- Commitment letter prepared by the student, sharing why he/she would like to attend an IB school and how he/she will give back to the community
Please complete the Open Enrollment application below and attach electronically to the Tempe Academy application.
Open Enrollment 2019-2020 Application